Sunday 29 May 2011

Next stop: Trans Germany

After two weeks at home it's time to pack again! I'm off to Sonthofen, Southern Germany, tomorrow for the start of the Trans Germany 4 day race. The race starts on Wednesday and it will cover around 300 km with 10,000 metres of vertical ascent before finishing in Anchensee, Austria, on Saturday.

This is my third TG, so it's a familiar race to me. I finished 2nd there in 2009 when it was a 7 day race, but last year I wasn't in good shape following a knee injury throughout the first part of the year, which meant that I had to settle for fifth place. I'm in far better shape this year and I'm feeling strong so I'm definitely looking to improve on last years position.

All races are obviously important to me, but some have to take priority and it's not possible to be in top shape for all of them. This means that some races have to be sacrificed for others. I've just finished a high load training week and I'm using the TG as another high load week before the European Marathon Champs in two weeks time. This means that I might be tired going into the start of the TG, but on the positive side an easy week afterwards should mean that I'll be fully rested and feeling strong for the European Champs. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment