Wednesday 29 May 2013

The Peak District to the Alps

We spent the last week exploring the riding that my childhood home in the Peak District UK has to offer. It was a really relaxing week with great training - albeit in some adverse weather conditions! - and some quality time with my family, including the cats :)

The calm after the hail, snow and rain!

Yesterday we travelled to Schladming in Austria where I will race the 4 day Alpen Tour Trophy starting tomorrow. This is my second time here so I'm familiar with what lies ahead: Stage 1 69km/2800m; Stage 2 16km/1100m time trial; Stage 3 73km/2800m; Stage 4 56km/2000m.

View from our apartment this morning
It might well be the case that our decision to train in the Peak District last week, rather than Spain, could have been perfect for acclimatisation: the weather forecast is predicting rain and possible snow! Fingers crossed for sun cream and not warming balm ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment